This is the post for the August 12, 2014 class meeting.
Today is the due date for Project 5. Aim to submit your work by midnight in your timezone, but remember that you have a 24-hour, grace period if you need it. No excuses needed. If something has gone wrong in your world and 24 hours may not be enough, contact me immediately and let me know what you need.
Class Work for August 12
These are the tasks to complete for today’s work:
- Go over the requirements for Project 5.
- Review the location of the FAQs for using Google Drive.
- Discuss the reflection memo and how to submit Project 5 in Scholar.
Requirements for Project 5
You need to turn in a reflection memo as well as a share link to your Forum Completion Report. Use the project assignment to check your work. In particular, make sure that your report addresses all four areas that fall under the participation portion of your grade: participation, daily work, number of posts, and quality of posts. Also remember to check your spelling and proofread for grammar and punctuation.
Google Drive FAQs
Note: this is the same information you followed in Project 1. I’m including it as a reference in case you need a reminder.
To make sure that you can submit your project smoothly, pay attention to the following FAQs:
- If you worked in something other than Google Drive, you can use your preferences to automatically convert files you upload to Google Drive automatically.
This step is important so that I can use the commenting features in Google Drive.
- If you already uploaded a document to Google Drive, check the format of your files and manually convert the files on Google Drive if necessary.
- Follow the instructions on how to set permissions and get the Google Drive Share link to get a link that will allow me to read and comment on your document.
Writing Your Reflection Memo and Submitting Your Project
Your reflection memo is your chance to tell me anything you want me to know before I read your project. For this project, your reflection memo will give me the link to your spreadsheet on Google Drive and the link to your analysis memo if you created one. You will also tell me about what you have written. Follow these instructions to submit your work:
- Go to the Assignments tab on the left menu in Scholar.
- Choose “P5: Forum Report.”
- Scroll down to the text box below the headings Submission and Assignment Text. You will write your memo in this box. (Alternately, you can write in a word processor/Google Doc, and copy/paste your text into this box.)
- Add your memo headers (To, From, Subject, and Date). For your reflection memo, you’ll use the following:
- Address your memo to me (Traci) and from yourself (use your name).
- Add a subject line that indicates this is your reflection memo and which project it is for.
- Add the current date.