This is the post for the August 15, 2014 final exam.
Today is the due date for Project 6, the final exam. Submit your work by midnight in your timezone. There is no grace period for the final exam, since I must get the work graded immediately to turn in course grades.
Final Exam Work for August 15
These are the tasks to complete for today’s work:
- Go over the requirements for Project 6.
- Review the location of the FAQs for using Google Drive.
- Review the LinkedIn permissions settings.
- Discuss the reflection memo and how to submit Project 6 in Scholar.
Requirements for Project 6
You need to turn in a reflection memo as well as a share link to your job application materials. Use the project assignment to check your work. Make sure that you include all the elements that you proposed in your Project 4 Proposal. Also remember to check your spelling and proofread for grammar and punctuation.
Google Drive FAQs
Note: this is the same information you followed in Project 1. I’m including it as a reference in case you need a reminder.
To make sure that you can submit your project smoothly, pay attention to the following FAQs:
- If you worked in something other than Google Drive, you can use your preferences to automatically convert files you upload to Google Drive automatically.
This step is important so that I can use the commenting features in Google Drive.
- If you already uploaded a document to Google Drive, check the format of your files and manually convert the files on Google Drive if necessary.
- Follow the instructions on how to set permissions and get the Google Drive Share link to get a link that will allow me to read and comment on your document.
Set Permissions for LinkedIn Projects
For me to see and grade your work on LinkedIn, I either need you to connect with me on LinkedIn or for you to make sure your privacy setting will let the public see your profile. Check the What permissions do I need on LinkedIn? FAQ for more details.
Writing Your Reflection Memo and Submitting Your Project
Your reflection memo is your chance to tell me anything you want me to know before I read your project. For this project, your reflection memo will give me the link to your spreadsheet on Google Drive and the link to your analysis memo if you created one. You will also tell me about what you have written. Follow these instructions to submit your work:
- Go to the Assignments tab on the left menu in Scholar.
- Choose “P6: Job Application Materials.”
- Scroll down to the text box below the headings Submission and Assignment Text. You will write your memo in this box. (Alternately, you can write in a word processor/Google Doc, and copy/paste your text into this box.)
- Add your memo headers (To, From, Subject, and Date). For your reflection memo, you’ll use the following:
- Address your memo to me (Traci) and from yourself (use your name).
- Add a subject line that indicates this is your reflection memo and which project it is for.
- Add the current date.
- Convert your document to Google Drive format if you worked in another word processor.
- Add the Share link to the document on your Google Drive. Use the instructions for how to get the Share link on the FAQ site if you are unsure how to share documents. Make sure you set permissions so that I can add comments.
- Make sure that your permissions are set so that I can see your work.
- Add the link to your profile or website to your reflection memo.